Hey friends, I’m back! And I am so ready to share our favorite recipe so far this week. This salad was crunchy, creamy, citrusy, and salty all at the same time. I realize that may sound weird but YOU HAVE TO TRY IT. It was super easy to make and a healthy and tasty addition to our baked chicken breasts. Enjoy!
If you want more information on this recipe, here is where I found the original:
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 12 spears)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup canned white beans (or cannellini beans or navy beans), drained, rinsed
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 20 raw pistachios, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon peel (lemon zest)
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add asparagus; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until asparagus is tender-crisp.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Place asparagus mixture, beans, baby spinach, avocado, pistachios, lemon juice, and lemon peel in a medium bowl; toss gently to blend.
- Divide evenly between four serving bowls.